Handmade Ceramic Mugs
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Embrace the Charm of Island Life
Elevate your daily coffee ritual or afternoon tea with our stunning Handmade Ceramic Mugs. Crafted exclusively for us by the talented Artist Paige Coull on picturesque Gabriola Island. These mugs invite you to bring island life to your daily rituals.
Meet The Artist, Paige Coull of Black Bird Studios
Paige grew up in Ottawa, learning to be a builder, creator, and entrepreneur in a project home. Her parents, Architects working on their historical restoration, inspired her craftsmanship. By 16, she ran her first contracting company. Paige's ceramic journey started after a move to Montreal. It led to majoring in ceramics and glassblowing at the Alberta College of Art and Design. Today, with her family, she lives in an old character home on Gabriola Island and maintains a home studio.
"Throughout my years of island living, I have developed a deep appreciation for the simplistic routine of everyday rituals—the textures of the sandstone, richness of the forest, and quiet of daily life. Each piece I create mimics these feelings of understated beauty."
Thoughtful Gift For Foodies and Ceramics Collectors
Filling up a gift box for your favourite foodie, a far-away friend, or someone you work with? These mugs make an excellent choice for any occasion. For a birthday, a housewarming, or a token of appreciation, our handmade mugs are a thoughtful present for those who appreciate fine craftsmanship and the beauty of artisanal creations.
Why You'll Love Our Handmade Ceramic Mugs:
- Embrace island life in your daily rituals
- Artisanal craftsmanship: each mug is a unique work of art
- Perfect gift choice for foodies and ceramics lovers
- From breakfast to happy hour, the perfect vessel
- Thoughtful and unique for various occasions
- Round out a gift box with items from our Thirst Quencher Collection
- Great handle size for a comfortable grip
- Nice feel and weight, perfectly balanced
- Holds about 10oz.
- Comfortable to drink from the rim, with an elegant touch
- Simplicity and elegance in every sip
- Available in four colours
- Also available in a tumbler style
Elevate Your Everyday
Whether you're enjoying your morning brew, relaxing with a cup of tea, or looking for the perfect gift, these mugs connect you to the beauty of island life. Elevate your every day with the artistry of Paige Coull; we're thrilled to work with her on this beautiful SaltSpring Kitchen Company merchandise. We love these mugs.
INGREDIENTS & DETAILS
We've got sweet answers.
JAM FAQView all
Are your products vegan? (Most!)
Yes! Just about everything is. With the exception of our Apple & Fig Spread, Charcuterie Mustard, and Cranberry, Sour Cherry & Port Preserve.
Are your products gluten-free? (Just about everything is!)
Everything is gluten-free except Charcuterie Mustard, the ale we use here contains barley.
How fast is shipping? (Pretty fast!)
Most orders ship within one or two business days, a few extra days are sometimes needed during a big sale. We're a small team.
We ship across Canada and the US, orders in Canada ship FREE over $100, after discounts.
Where the heck is Salt Spring Island? (It's a magical place)
We're on a small island in the Southern Gulf Islands of British Columbia, Canada. West coast vibes for days.
Come visit, hang out in our Tasting Room, and enjoy everything our artisan-rich island has to offer.
Uniquely Curated. Exceptionally Preserved.
Handmade on Salt Spring Island
Our little jam factory started in Melanie's kitchen in 2012. We've grown into our full scale production kitchen and warehouse, and in the summer of 2023, we opened a Tasting Room.
Our small team is now more than a dozen people, and our favourite goal is to be the best employer in our small island community.
From Breakfast to Happy Hour
There's so many creative and delicious ways to use our gourmet jams, spreads, preserves, and hot sauces.
- Elevate your cheese and charcuterie boards
- Spread on sourdough toast, crackers, and pastries
- Take your sandwiches and burgers to a new level
- As a glaze or marinade
- In baking (we love them in stuffed cookies)
- As a yogurt or ice cream topping
- In sauces and salad dressings
- In cocktails and beverages for new depth of flavour
- As a filling for crepes, pies, and pastries
Elevate Your Drinks
Just a teaspoon will bring new flavours to your homemade sodas, cocktails, and lo-fi beverages. Explore our recipes and blog to learn more ways to use our products.