Spice Up Your Cocktail Game with Our Hot Sauces.
Have you tried using hot sauce in your cocktails? If you’re a fan of Sunday Caesars you may be an old pro, but there’s more drink recipes you might love to try hot sauce in, so we’re here to spark your creativity. At SaltSpring Kitchen Co., we make unique and flavourful hot sauces that can take your cocktail game to the next level.
Here’s some tips for using our Habanero + Curry + Orange, Morita + Espresso + Chipotle, and Pineapple + Turmeric + Achiote hot sauces in your drinks. If you want to try all three, grab our Hot Sauce Trio!
Melanie (our Sauce Boss) and the team, love mixing up cocktails and experimenting with adding hot sauces and some of our other products to create new drinks. We have a growing collection of recipes on our blog to give you some great ideas to get started.
Why Use Hot Sauces in Cocktails?
If you're a fan of spice, you know that adding a little heat can elevate any dish. Same is true for cocktails. Hot sauces can add complexity and depth of flavour to your drinks, as well as a subtle heat that complements the other ingredients. Using hot sauces in cocktails (or a mocktail) gives you endless combinations you can get creative with. Combine flavours you may not have thought of, and it’s a great alternative to using ingredients that are all sugar based, while still getting a lot of flavour.
How to Use Our Hot Sauces in Cocktails
There’s as almost endless list of ways to use hot sauces into your cocktails, here's a few of our favourites:
- Add a splash of hot sauce to a classic Margarita for a spicy twist and unique flavour
- Use our Habanero + Curry + Orange hot sauce in a Bloody Mary for an Indian-inspired take on this brunch classic
- Shake up a Piña Colada with our Pineapple + Turmeric + Achiote hot sauce for a tropical drink with a kick
- Create a unique and flavourful smokey Gin + Tonic by adding with some of our Morita + Espresso + Chipotle hot sauce.
- Consider the texture of the hot sauce, we love our hot sauces because they’re smooth in texture and not too thick, a great consistency for blending into drinks.
- Check out our drinks section on the blog for recipes and inspiration.
- Our Thirst Quencher Collection includes some of our favourite products to use in making drinks.
Don't be afraid to experiment. If you’re just getting started, try adding a small amount to some sparkling water and get a feel for how it will taste at what portion, without going overboard and ruining your whole drink. They key to learning anything around food and drink is to taste as you go. You can’t really go wrong, it’s all personal taste preference. Just remember to start with a small amount so you don't overpower the other ingredients.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
When using hot sauce in cocktails, there's a few common mistakes to avoid:
- Adding too much hot sauce: Start with a small amount and taste as you go, so you don't overpower the other flavours or burn your mouth off. You can always add more.
- Choosing the wrong hot sauce: While it’s easy to get creative, there’s still some things that just go together perfectly, and others that may taste a bit weird. Make sure you choose a hot sauce that complements the other flavours in your cocktail. Try our Habanero + Curry + Orange hot sauce with tequila and citrus flavours, and our Morita + Espresso + Chipotle hot sauce in coffee-based cocktails.
- Forgetting to shake well: Make sure you shake your hot sauce well before adding it to your cocktail.
Tips to Remember
A few tips to keep in mind when using hot sauces in your cocktails:
- Use high-quality, flavourful hot sauces to ensure the best results.
- Start with a small amount of hot sauce and taste as you go.
- Consider the other flavours in your cocktail when choosing a hot sauce.
- Experiment and get creative!
Using hot sauce in your cocktails is a fun and unexpected way to spice up your favourite drinks. With our Habanero + Curry + Orange, Morita + Espresso + Chipotle, and Pineapple + Turmeric + Achiote hot sauces, you can create unique and flavourful cocktails that are sure to impress your guests and spice up happy hour.