The perfect holiday cocktail. Well balanced and super delicious!
Recipe developed by Sheeats.com
For the Winter Wonder Jam Whiskey Smash
- 1 TB Winter Wonder Jam
- 2 shots bourbon
- 2 TB orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 1/3 c soda water or ginger beer
- Spoon preserve, bourbon, and orange juice into a cocktail mixer or large mason jar.
- Top half-way up the container with ice cubes.
- Cover and shake with enthusiasm for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass, top with soda or ginger beer, and serve with garnish.
For the Boozy Sugared Cranberries
- 1 c water
- 1 c white sugar + ½ c white sugar
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 1 TB orange zest (use the orange for the cocktail)
- 1/3 c bourbon
- 2 c fresh cranberries
- Optional: 1 sprig of Rosemary
- Place water, 1 c white sugar, pure vanilla extract, orange zest, and bourbon in a pot over medium heat, stirring often. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat and stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberries to the slightly cooled simple syrup and let rest for 1 – 24 hours. The longer you leave the berries to sit in the syrup, the less tart and sweeter they’ll be.
- Place a piece of parchment paper under a wire rack and pour the ½ c white sugar into a bowl. Using a slotted spoon, remove the berries from the pot and allow to drain on the rack for a couple of minutes.
- Roll the berries in the sugar and place back on the rack for about 45 minutes to dry completely.
- If using, carefully skewer 2 berries with the Rosemary as a garnish. If not, just plop a couple of sugared berries in each drink!
Note: The boozy sugared cranberries will keep up to one week in the fridge. If they don’t all get used in drinks, serve them with desserts or cheese platters.