Molten Caramel Brownie Bites
These sweet, delicious, one bowl brownies are filled with all sorts of holiday cheer! Bake in a 9x9 pan for 35-40 minutes for traditional brownies or bake in a mini muffin tin as directed here for a two-bite version. Warming the sugar slightly with the melted chocolate and butter ensures the brownies have a lovely crackly top!
Makes 1 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup Cranberry, Sour Cherry & Port Preserve
- Preheat the oven to 350°f
- In a small pot, melt the butter, chocolate chips and sugar together over medium-low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together salt and eggs until light and frothy. Pour into the chocolate mixture and whisk to fully combine.
- Fold in the flour and coco to make a thick batter.
- Prepare a muffin tin with paper liners and brush each with oil.
- Add the caramel sauce and preserve on top of the batter, fold once to loosely incorporate with a spatula, then scoop 2 tbsp of batter into the prepared muffin cups, filing them between 2/3 - 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top has cracked, the sides have risen slightly, and a toothpick inserted comes out with a few wet crumbs attached.
- Enjoy warm or let cool on a wire baking rack then transfer to an airtight container. Serve with an extra dollop of caramel and preserve on top.
- They will keep for up to one week at room temperature although I highly doubt that will be the case!