Jalapeño & Cheddar Stuffed Beef Burgers
This is an epic burger, sometimes coined a commitment burger because it is so juicy and delicious that you can't put it down. Once you dive in, you're committed 'till the end! Stuffed with spicy jalapeño relish and gooey cheese, it is sure to please.
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp Candied Jalapeño Relish
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Spicy Tomato Relish
- 1 egg
- 4 burger buns
- 1 small white onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup Candied Jalapeno Relish
- 2 tbsp Charcuterie Mustard
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small mixing bowl mix together cheddar, cream cheese and relish. Mix with a fork to fully combine. Cover and place in the fridge while you prepare the burgers.
- In a mixing bowl combine beef, panko, spicy tomato relish and the egg. Mix together to form a smooth consistent mixture. Divide the ground beef into 8 equal parts and pat each into a very thin 3 inch disc, making 8 patties. Remove the cheese mixture from the fridge and place 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture in the centre of one of the patties. Top with another small patty and pinch the edges together, enclosing the cheese mixture in meat. Smooth the edges so that the seams disappear, and the patty is uniformly flat, making a final patty about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches in diameter. Repeat with the other patties to make a total of 4 burgers. Place burgers on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and place in the fridge while you prepare the remaining fixings.
- Slice the burger buns. Thinly slice the onion and tomato.
- Preheat a grill to high, at least 400°f. Place the patties on the front grill and turn the heat to medium low. Let the burgers cook undisturbed for 6 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook an additional 4 minutes, then flip again. Top with cheese slices and cook for 2 minutes more. If desired toast the buns for the remaining 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove burgers from the barbecue and let sit 5 minutes before serving while you assemble the burgers. The cheesy centre is extremely hot. Assemble burgers by spreading Charcuterie Mustard and Candied Jalapeño Relish on the bottom bun, then top with a lettuce leaf. Place burger on the lettuce, then top with tomato and onion. Spread top bun with Spicy Tomato Savoury Spread then place on the burger.
- Once assembled, serve immediately.
- Patties can be frozen before cooking in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When cooking from frozen add an additional 3-4 minutes to the grilling time.
Salt Spring Kitchen Special Burger Sauce
This better-than-triple-o-burger sauce is spicy, creamy, and all things delicious. Keep a jar in the fridge all summer and use always.
- 1/2 cup greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Spicy Tomato Savoury Spread
- 2 tbsp Candied Jalapeño Relish
- Whisk together the yogurt and mayonnaise to fully combine. Mix in the spicy tomato savoury spread and candied jalapeño relish.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Use generously on burgers, sandwiches or as a fry dip.