Herb forward, cheese packed and all things delicious, this burger is far from traditional but is all things delicious. Turkey makes it lighter in flavour and the spicy tomato savoury spread pulls the flavours together, giving this burger a lovely mediterranean feel.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Spicy Tomato Savoury Spread
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped sage
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 burger buns
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup Salt Spring Kitchen Special Burger Sauce
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup Spicy Tomato Savoury Spread
- In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey, spicy tomato savoury spread, breadcrumbs, sea salt, pepper and fresh sage to form a smooth paste. Mix in the feta so it's evenly distributed in the meat mixture. Divide the meat into 8 equal pieces, about 1/2 cup each. Form into a 3 inch diameter, 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Grease a grill and heat to high. Place burgers on the grill and reduce the heat to medium. Grill for 8 minutes without disturbing. Flip the burgers and grill an additional 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through and well caramelized.
- To assemble, slice and toast the buns. Slice the tomatoes and peel the cucumber into long strips. Place a generous smear of burger sauce on the bottom bun, top with lettuce and a slice of tomato. Top with burger then spread with a generous spread of spicy tomato savoury spread. Top with a curl of cucumber and the top bun.
- Serve immediately once assembled.
- These patties freeze very well raw or once cooked. They can be grilled, baked or pan fried to be reheated. They will keep in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Salt spring Kitchen Special Burger Sauce
This better-than-triple-o-burger sauce is spicy, creamy, and all things delicious. Keep a jar in the fridge all summer and use always.
- 1/2 cup greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Spicy Tomato Savoury Spread
- 2 tbsp Candied Jalapeño Relish
- Whisk together the yogurt and mayonnaise to fully combine. Mix in the spicy tomato savoury spread and Candied Jalapeño Relish.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Use generously on burgers, sandwiches or as a fry dip.