This sweetly spiced bourbon cocktail is a delicious spring pairing, the Raspberry Habanero Preserve pulling together warmth and spice. Brightening wintery bourbon and with spicy habaneros, the sweet freshness of raspberry, lime and fresh herbs this cocktail is complex in flavour yet simple to create. All muddled together and shaken with ice, its perfect to enjoy on a sunny spring patio with a sweater on, while we dream of summer just around the corner.
- Ice cubes
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp Raspberry Habanero Jam
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 4 lemon balm leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz Bourbon (Bullet or Makers Mark work well)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Place a few ice cubes in a cocktail glass of choice, to chill the glass while making the cocktail.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime into the bowl of a cocktail shaker, then add the jam, raspberries and lemon balm leaves to the shaker. Muddle the jam, berries and herbs together until well smashed together. Pour the bourbon into the cocktail shaker and add the bitters. Add enough ice to the shaker to fil it almost full. Add the top to the shaker and shake well to blend and fully combine.
- Empty the chilled glasses of ice, then strain the cocktail into the prepared glasses, dividing it evenly between the two. Garnish with a lemon balm leaf and serve immediately.