This simple and delicious salad is the perfect summer accompaniment to rotisserie chicken, steaks, or burgers. The dressing can be used on fresh greens or sautéed swiss chard or collard greens for a twist on the traditional. The seeds from the charcuterie mustard create pops of flavor in every bite, making this salad delicious and enjoyable to eat.
- 1 lb small new or yellow potatoes
- 4 small red bell peppers
- 1 bulb garlic
- Cup snap peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided.
- 2 tbsp Charcuterie Mustard
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp creamy dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt to garnish
- Scrub the potatoes, leaving the skin on, cut in half and place in a mixing bowl. Slice the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut into wide strips. Separate the cloves of garlic. Add peppers, garlic cloves and snap peas to the potatoes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the charcuterie mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, dijon, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk together to emulsify.
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on the grill, turn down the heat to medium low and grill 10 minutes. Remove the peas, peppers and garlic cloves from the grill, they will be blistered and soft, place in a serving bowl. Turn over the potatoes, grill another 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender and very golden.
- Remove from the grill and place immediately in the serving bowl with the vegetables. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve warm.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Leftovers can be served hot or cold.