I usually make a version of this salad for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a fresh and healthy side to the sometimes rich holiday meals.
- 6 cups of shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch of black lacinato kale, sliced thin
- 1.5 cup of dried currents
- 1 cup of pinenuts
- Seeds from one large pomegranate
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Cranberry, Sour Cherry & Port Preserve
- 1/2 cup light flavoured vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and Cranberry, Sour Cherry & Port Preserve in a blender and give a good whirl.
- Slowly drizzle in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad in enough dressing to coat the greens before serving.